Fri, 27 Jan|
FRUIT BOX FRIDAYS
A monthly-ish mish-mash where we invite YOU to the stage for drag, comedy, burlesque, dance, lip sync, or live music!
Time & Location
27 Jan, 5:00 pm
Adelaide, 223 Flinders St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
About the event
WHAT IS FRUIT BOX?
It's simple. Come in as a patron but have the opportunity to perform on stage if you want to!
Entry is free before 8pm, and $10 at the door after. Resident party-queen Nelya DJ will be on the decks from 8pm-midnight!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You sign up at the bar in one of the categories of drag, comedy, burlesque, dance, lip sync, or live music, or something else entirely!
- If you need a song (drag, lip sync, burlesque or dance), you'll state that on the signup form. We'll give you a five minute warning to get up on stage, then we announce you on and you do your thing!
- It doesn't cost anything to sign up and you'll get a cocktail on us for your bravery!
- This is a low stakes event that invites people with zero performance experience or ability to come and express themselves on stage, or just have silly fun with friends.
- My Lover Cindi is a wheelchair accessible space, including the stage. All details about our accessibility (strengths and limitations) can be found at our access guide HERE
- "My performance is longer than three minutes, is that okay?" - For now we are going to keep performances to 3 minutes. We will start your track from a chorus and fade out. Other folks are also enjoying the space and want to chat or get back to dancing!
- "I want to perform with my friends, is that okay?" - YES. You and your friends can share the spotlight.
- "Do i need to contact you before signing up?" - NO. To keep it low stakes and low effort for patrons, we ask that signup is done on the night
- "I'm a professional performer, can i sign up?" - YES. You can. But pelase note our standard artist fees are not applicable for this event.
- "What sort of live music can I perform?" - We can cater to 2 mics and 1 instrument and you can perform whatever you like!
- "Are minors permitted?" - NO. Sorry, young people! My Lover Cindi operates predominantly as a licenced adult only venue. There are other great organisations doing good stuff for young LGBTIQ+ people, and we can highly recommend folks get in touch with Queer Youth Drop In run by Feast, through the Shine building on Hyde St :)
My Lover Cindi is an LGBTIQ+ space that has a zero tolerance policy towards racism, ableism, transphobia, homophobia, classism, ageism, whorebobia, and fat-phobia. Getting up on stage should not be an opportunity to punch down. If we find an act offensive we will turn the lights and mic down.