Thu, 05 Oct|
Fruit Box Open Mic- Thursdays in October
Come in as a patron but steal the spotlight if you want to!
Time & Location
05 Oct, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Adelaide, Unit 2/192 Pirie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
About the event
What is Fruit Box?
We invite YOU to the stage for drag, comedy, burlesque, dance, lip sync, or live music! Thursdays at My Lover Cindi.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You sign up at the bar in one of the categories of drag, comedy, burlesque, dance, lip sync, or live music, or something else entirely!
- If you need a song (drag, lip sync, burlesque or dance), you'll state that on the signup form. We'll give you a five minute warning to get up on stage, then we announce you on and you do your thing!
- It doesn't cost anything to sign up and you'll get a drink on us for your bravery!
- This is a low stakes event that invites people with zero performance experience or ability to come and express themselves on stage, or just have silly fun with friends.
- My Lover Cindi is a wheelchair accessible space, including the stage
- "How long can i perform for?" - For now we are going to keep performances to 5 minutes
- "I want to perform with my friends, is that okay?" - YES. You and your friends can share the spotlight.
- "Do i need to contact you before signing up?" - NO. To keep it low stakes and low effort for patrons, we ask that signup is done on the night
- "I'm a professional performer, can i sign up?" - YES. You can. But please note our standard artist fees are not applicable for this event.
- "What sort of live music can I perform?" - We can cater to 2 mics and 2 instruments and you can perform whatever you like! We have 2 x mic stands. Please bring any instrument stands you may need. No drums.
- "Are minors permitted?" - No. Sorry, young people! My Lover Cindi operates predominantly as a licensed adult only venue. There are other great organisations doing good stuff for young LGBTIQ+ people, and we can highly recommend folks get in touch with Queer Youth Drop In run by Feast, through the Shine building on Hyde St
My Lover Cindi is an LGBTIQ+ space that has a zero tolerance policy towards racism, ableism, transphobia, homophobia, classism, ageism, whorebobia, and fatphobia. Please be mindful of material that carries any of these themes.